Qimera’s SVP editor allows the user to see all of the sound velocity casts conducted in the course of the survey and to edit any of them. The sound velocity casts are extracted from the raw sonar files or can be imported from a number of formats.
Sound velocity can be applied in the following ways;
- By a specific sound velocity file
- The nearest sound velocity cast in time
- The nearest sound velocity cast in distance
- The nearest sound velocity cast in distance, but constrained by time
- A manually entered value
- By just using the sound velocity value at the transducer sensor
When a particular cast is edited, the lines affected by the change are automatically selected to be re-processed. This is using the Dynamic Workflow technique. This makes it much easier for the user to apply the changes as the only way otherwise is to keep a log or to refract the data for all lines in that session, wasting valuable time.