Read the latest news for QINSy, Qimera, Fledermaus, Qastor and more. News includes new driver support, latest software releases, new software functionality, and the latest exciting work from our colleagues and clients.
Qimera, hydrographic processing evolved
QPS today releases Qimera which has re-invented bathymetric data processing. Qimera is the easiest to use yet most advanced bathy processing program. Building on from the renowned multibeam bathymetry engine in QINSy and the leading bathymetry data cleaning program Fledermaus, QPS have created Qimera. Brand new technologies the Dynamic Surface™, Dynamic workflow™ and the Wobble Tool™ are harnessed using all the latest computing technology in guided workflows, making the user experience easier and empowering the user like never before.
Special upgrade pricing is available for existing QPS customers holding licences under annual support and a limited launch offer is available to everyone.
For a full evaluation version and more information please go to http://www.qps.nl/display/qimera/Home
Qimera™ is a totally new multibeam processing application for production MBES processing. It is also the beginning of the transition of the various QPS applications and modules into new products and modules to provide an efficient mapping workflow. The Qimera software:
- strives for a paradigm shift in processing by automating those steps in the workflow that have been mundane or error prone, and minimizes and focuses the user interaction to stages when they provide valuable input.
- has been built from the ground up and provides an intuitive and easy to use interface that also minimizes training required.
- supports the QINSy data logging format in addition to sonar file formats from other hardware and software manufacturers.
- extracts as much information as possible from incoming data files, including all ancillary data and survey vessel information.
- intelligently and interactively guides the operator through the typical data processing stages with a Dynamic Workflow™.
- offers the advanced tools such as the Wobble Diagnosis Toolkit for troubleshooting, in addition to the typical complement of multibeam data review and editing tools such as a Time-Series Editor, Sound Velocity Profile Editor, a Patch Test Calibration Tool, Swath Editor and 3D Area based Editor.
- uses a unique I/O Balanced Multi-Core engine specifically designed to process sonar data as rapidly as possible. Processing is done as a background task and the user can continue to interact with the project.
The initial release of Qimera is for Windows Platforms only. Future versions will extend the platform to Mac and Linux. The following operating systems are officially supported under Windows:
- Windows 7 (64bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64bit)
Windows computers also require a modern 3D graphics card with good OpenGL support.
This is the initial release of Qimera and there are no bugs ;-)
There was an extensive external beta and pre-release program, and we thank all those testers that provided great feedback. Their feedback and contributions have no doubt helped to bring the product to the current level for the initial release.
Knowledge Base and Reference Manual
Qimera is packaged with the complete offline Knowledge Base, however these documents are under continual revisions and you should always check the QPS webpage for the most up to date version. Information provided includes:
- Getting started – installation, licensing, and Quickstart guides
- Howto Articles – covering major workflow processes
- Reference Manual