Read the latest news for QINSy, Fledermaus, Qastor and more. News includes new driver support, latest software releases, new software functionality, and the latest exciting work from our colleagues and clients.
Fledermaus 7.4.0 Release
An update release is now available, 7.4.0c. Please see the download page for Release notes!
Fledermaus 7.4.0 is available for download.
Please study the Release Notes, available from the download page, before installing the new version.
In case you have difficulties downloading, please contact us.
Likewise, this is a good opportunity to consider organizing a Training with QPS, so please do not hesitate to contact Sales to discuss your requirements.
Highlights from this release include (please see additonal information or release notes for more details):
- Direct read of QINSy projects that include a navigation surface for processing using the Fledermaus 3D Editor, with all edits being applied directly to the QPD files.
- Major improvements to core rendering engine (graphics card must support OpenGL 2.1 or newer).
- The Mac OS/X distribution is now 64-bit and replaces the previous 32-bit version.
- The Fledermaus applications now use a common geo-referencing engine with QINSy, which means all coordinate systems defined in QINSy are also supported in the Fledermaus tools.
Starting with this release, the tightly integrated workflow between QINSy and Fledermaus is operational. This means it is no longer necessary to utilise a Fledermaus PFM data file in order to process QINSy recorded data, stored in *.Db and *.QPD data files.
The advantages of the tightly integrated workflow are:
1. Significant improvements in time to process as a result of the removal of two time consuming file conversion steps (*.QPD to *.PFM and then also unloading of edits in *.PFM back to *.QPD).
2. Geodetic settings are read from QINSy template database.
3. Workflow is bi-directional enabling the user to mix QINSy and Fledermaus functionality.
Fledermaus will now natively read and write the navigation surface stored in the QINSy GRD and the soundings stored in the QPD files. Any edits made in the Fledermaus 3D Editor are propagated back to the QPD files and also to the navigation surface. Optionally the QINSy Processing Manager is capable of generating the CUBE surface which may be inspected and modified using the Fledermaus 3D editor, so those familiar with the PFM workflow for CUBE processing will quickly manage to make use of this new workflow.
In order to use the integrated workflow the following requirements must be met:
• QINSy version 8.10.2014.03.26.1
• Fledermaus version 7.4.0 or greater (Windows 32 or 64 bits only).
• A QINSy project which contains a Navigation Surface.
In addition to the release notes, a webinar highlighting the 7.4 release was broadcast on March 27th, 2014. Information about the webinar, the recording, and Q&A can be viewed here.