QPS support in North America
QPS have increased their support capabilities in the Americas region. From our office in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada there are now support specialists with knowledge of the entire QPS suite of software products.
The support team provide a close link to our development team at the same office in Fredericton, this also allows us to provide better support since development and support is done at the same site.
The support department offers customer support, training, onsite support and documentation.
Please call +1 (833) 243-8777 to contact support if you are calling from North America. Before local working hours (0700 - 1600 EDT) your call will automatically be transferred to the QPS office based in The Netherlands.
Please visit the QPS Support Portal for more information.
Currently the support staff in Fredericton consist of four permanent team members:
Deborah joined QPS in July 2014. Her roles are:
Prior to working for QPS Deborah worked with GIS consultation for Tamarack Geographic, Ltd., a St. John’s, Newfoundland company. She carried out the implementation of enterprise solutions from storage and organization to the usage of many different types of spatial data. Her achievements include:
- Creation and application of standards and spatial data procedures for information management with clients.
- Analysis and compilations of spatial data usage clients required for catered implementations of usage and dissemination (including custom scripting tools).
- International intern at ESRI (Redlands) California as part of the Marine Professional Services group.
- Research assistance in various projects as part of the Remote Sensing lab team at the Institute of Marine Technology and Marine Sciences (Caracas, Venezuela).
- MSc. Marine Resource Management, Université du Quebéc à Rimouski (Canada). In March 2009 she graduated with a mention of Excellence. The Masters focused on Environmental Management including strong spatial components into economical models for marine resources (fisheries and other ecosystem services) with the use of remote sensing and latest information technology.
- BSc. Biology. Universidad Simón Bolívar, Caracas (Venezuela), top 10% of class. Focused on Marine Biology, Fisheries, Aquaculture and Remote Sensing. This included an internship at the University of South Florida, St. Petersbug Campus, to work on Coral reef mapping efforts.
Deborah’s background and zeal for learning, as well as her commitment and dedication make her a positive driver within QPS’s working environment. She is a strong team player, focusing on the Fledermaus product. She has an understanding of clients' specific scenarios for marine spatial data. Deborah is fluent in Spanish and French, as well as English.
|Steve has been with QPS since early 2015 and his roles within the company are:|
- BSc. Engineering (Geomatics) at University of New Brunswick.
- Worked with the University of New Brunswick Ocean Mapping Group for 10 years doing various projects on all three Canadian coastlines.
|Christine has been working for QPS since 2016. Her roles are:|
- Researcher and writer for Department of National Defense Canadian Armed Forces, Gagetown, New Brunswick.
- Project Coordinator for two ArcticNet Projects at Memorial University, St. John’s, Newfoundland.
- MSc. Marine Geology, University of New Brunswick. For part of her directed research at University of New Brunswick Christine worked under the guidance of Dr. John Hughes Clarke and Ocean Mapping Group.
- Ocean Mapping Group, University of New Brunswick.
- Master project: Late Quaternary Glacial Geology of the Bay of Fundy, Coastal SW New Brunswick.
|Graham is the latest addition to the Canadian support team joining QPS in early 2017. His current role is:|
- MSc. Engineering (Geology/Geomatics) at University of New Brunswick.
- Ocean Mapping Group, University of New Brunswick/Planetary and Space Science Centre, University of New Brunswick.
- Working in various marine survey sectors and software development since 1991.
Junior support engineers
On a regular basis Junior engineers from the Zeist office in the Netherlands join the Fredericton team to improve the cross-office cooperation and share knowledge.
From May until September 2017 Jeroen contributed to the team, and Stijn will do the same for the Winter of 2017 - 2018
14th December 2017