Matthew J. Wilson joins QPS
QPS are very pleased to announce the appointment of Matthew J. Wilson as Marketing and Sales at QPS-US Inc, effective 01 September 2017.
Matthew joins QPS from NOAA Office of Coast Survey, Atlantic Hydrographic Branch, Norfolk, Virginia where he is a Physical Scientist (Feb 2008 – Present) and his recent achievements include:
• Acceptance reviews of all types of hydrographic surveys, from NOAA Ships and Contractors comprised of Multibeam, Singlebeam, Side Scan sonar, and LIDAR. Surveys reviewed with regards to quality and completeness, and to ensure adherence to NOAA hydrographic survey specifications.
• Analysis and compilation of hydrographic data sets for application to NOAA nautical charts.
• Field support to NOAA Ships Thomas Jefferson, Fairweather, Rainier, Nancy Foster, Ronald H. Brown, Ferdinand R. Hassler, Pisces, and Henry B. Bigelow.
• Creation and development of “SARScan” and “HCellScan”, software tools written in Python to assist in hydrographic survey review and nautical chart compilation. With CCOM/JHC collaboration, the software later became “QC Tools”, part of the HydrOffice research software environment.
• Published papers as lead author at the U.S. and Canadian HYDRO Conferences.
• M.B.A., Pennsylvania State University, Dec2016. Graduated with Beta Gamma Sigma honors. The MBA program focused on developing and achieving organizational, financial, and strategic objectives, and contained a strong emphasis in innovation strategy and information technology.
• M.S. Ocean Mapping, University of New Hampshire, Dec2012 (for part of Matt’s directed research at CCOM/JHC he worked under the guidance of Dr. Jonathan Beaudoin).
Matt’s education and professional experience make him a very worthy addition to QPS as we drive forward with the widespread adoption of Qimera and our workflow for those engaged today in hydrography, and along with his strong work ethic and enthusiasm, Matt is someone that will deliver tremendous value to the company and our business partners.