QINSy Release 8.10.2015.03.31.1
There is a new QINSy release available for download from our website for the clients with a valid maintenance agreement.
Please study the "Read me" before installing the new version. In case you have difficulties downloading, please contact us.
Likewise, this is a good opportunity to consider organizing a Training with QPS, so please do not hesitate to contact our sales team to discuss your requirements. In this version many bugs have been solved. In addition the following major and minor changes have been made, moreover new drivers are added to the library to support more devices.
Computation selection via drop down menu
Selecting Computations via a drop down menu in the Controller. A new toolbar for quickly selecting the active computation has been added to the Controller. The toolbar is off by default, but can be enabled via the View->Toolbar menu.
Range markers in 3D grid display
Range marker between closest point on anchor catenary wire and a line database object will now also take the tug wire into account.
Show which line is Up- or downcast in Import SVP dialog
The Import Sound Velocity Profile dialog in the Echosounder Settings shows the up- and downcast (when available) in different colors. Note that in the Options of the Import dialog it is possible to select whether to use only up- or down cast.
AVG backscatter correction functionality in online QINSy
AVG backscatter correction functionality in online QINSy Under Echosounder Settings a new tab has been added for an Angle Varied Gain filter. With this filter it is possible to improve backscatter of a multibeam system that does not have a normalized backscatter output. An average of several hundred pings corrections is calculated. These corrections are per sector and will normalize the backscatter. As a rolling average is used the result is that on a changing seabed the filter needs time to adjust to new seabed conditions and this will introduce filter artefacts.
Online the normalized results can be seen in the gridded data. Screencaptures that show the backscatter results with (picture on left) and without AVG filter (picture on the right). The left track was sailed South to North, the right track from North to South.
Navigation display support for DWG/DXF files
A much improved support of DXF files including better support for blocks, arcs and circles. It is now also possible to add DWG files to a Navigation display. When a DXF or DWG file is added then QGF file is created which is the internal QPS format. This process can take some time on larger files.The QGF file will be in the same location as the original DXF or DWG. It is also possible to just select the QGF.
Object shape editing
Improved editing of object shapes in Database Setup. In the Object setup wizard the Object Shape page has been changed to show a preview of the object shape. The Edit option can be used to edit an existing object shape or to Generate a new predefined shape. The import and export can be used for importing and exporting object shapes.
The Edit button starts the Edit Object Shape dialog. Here all the polygons are shown and can be edited per polygon. In addition there is the Generate function which can be used to quickly generate a shape with input of length and width.
Add sound velocity from system to velocity profile
Most multibeam systems are able to measure the sound speed at the transducer. As this value is more up to date than the SVP, it makes sense to use the near real-time value for ray tracing. A problem here is that the units do not really report the sound speed at the head, they report the sound speed at the head that they used to calculate the beam angles. When the unit is configured to use the real time sound velocity, this value will be equal to the actual sound velocity at the head, but there is also an option to set the sound velocity the unit uses by hand. In that case, the reported sound velocity may not match the actual sound velocity. Because of this fact the usage of the sound velocity received from the unit is now a user configuration item.
Other changes include:
- Add option to set date/time when importing points into a full statistics grid
- Sidescan viewer improvements
- Tug display enhancements
- Tritech Starfish: A driver was added for the Tritech Starfish sidescan system.
- Optimal Ranging Orion DOBstar tone tracking system: A driver was added for the Optimal Ranging Orion DOBstar tone tracking system - Integrated QPS I/O driver.
- USBL driver for SSR - SSBL Raw Data string : Added decoding of Simrad HiPAP $PSIMSSR format. Driver includes support for the following system types: 1 USBL system 2 Target system 3 Miscellaneous system Additional information may be found in drivers manual
- Network version of Simrad HiPAP driver An UDP network driver is now available for the Simrad HiPAP.
- Improve multibeam settings for recording raw data in Datbase Setup: Added presets to driver specific settings for the following drivers: - R2Sonic 2000 Series (Network) - Reson Seabat 7K (TCP/Network) - Reson Seabat 81xx/900x (Serial) - Reson Seabat 81xx/900x (Network) - Kongsberg EM3002 (R-Theta Format) - Kongsberg EM3002D Head II (R-Theta Format) - Kongsberg EM2040/EM710/EM302/EM122 - Kongsberg EM2040 Head II The following presets have been added in case they are applicable: - FM Geocoder Toolbox (FMGT) - FM Midwater (FMMW) - FM Geocoder Toolbox (FMGT) & FM Midwater (FMMW) - XTF Export - User Defined
- Kongsberg M3 multibeam drivers: Added support for Kongsberg Mesotech M3 multibeam system (bathymetry only)
- Diver Valeport Mini SVS driver has been added to the Underwater Sensor Group The Valeport miniSVS sensor is now available as an Underwater Sensor in the Database Setup. The offered observations are: ROV Depth, Pressure, Draft and Sound Velocity. The functionality as Sound Velocity Profile system is still available and remains unchanged.
- Support for Riegl VZ6000 laserscanner A driver was added for the Riegl VZ6000.
- Geoswath driver improvement when used on ROV An RC_SEND_ENABLE command is send and that solves connection issues with Kongsberg Geoswath units.
- Redundancy driver: The Redundancy Monitor fallback behavior now has two options:
- When the master computer (QINSy1) goes offline, and the slave (QINSy2) becomes master, if you go online again with QINSy1 it should become master again automatically.
- When the master computer (QINSy1) goes offline, and the slave (QINSy2) becomes master, if you go online again with QINSy2 should stay master. There is user interface for selecting the method.
- Renamed MDL to Renishaw All drivers and documentation that used to be named MDL have been renamed to Renishaw.