QINSy Release 8.10.2014.07.09.1
Please note that we have a new QINSy release available for download from our website.
Please study the "Release Notes" and "Read me" before installing the new version.
In case you have difficulties downloading, please contact us.
For full details of the many changes, improvements and new features, refer to the Readme and Release Notes that accompany the release, but the key items in this release of QINSy include:
- Usability improvements (Metadata based File Grouping, extensive context sensitive menus and shortcut keys, Grid Tools ribbon is no longer isolated, standard behavior of ribbons, removed Layer pane, redesigned Plan View Settings dialog, Profile pane has had local toolbar moved to main ribbon area, Project ribbon added, additional information for file status, improved workflow to generate grid from QPDs, improved workflow to edit data using Qloud
- Windows XP support: The current plan is to stop the support for Windows XP at the end of 2014. This means that the Christmas release of 2014 which is expected to be released early January 2015 will be the last release which will be tested on Windows XP SP3
UAC (User Account Control) behavior. When QINSy is started in online mode it now complies with the Windows User Account Control (UAC) guidelines. These guidelines require a confirmation dialog to be shown before a process is started using so called elevated privileges. This means; From this version onwards, it is no longer necessary to first disable UAC in the Windows Control Panel. However, it is necessary to ensure the User Account used to run the online part of QINSy is added to the local Administrators group. Doing this, provides the User the rights to use the elevated privileges. More information on UAC may be found at the Microsoft website.
In this version, Water Column Data (raw echogram) support for Single Beam Echo Sounders (WCD SBES) was added to both the online Single Beam Echo Sounder display and the offline Water Column Data Editor. This makes it possible to add the WCD as a background in the Single Beam Echo Sounder display. This makes it possible to monitor the quality of the bottom detection while recording the data. It also makes it possible to monitor any other reflectors present in the water column such as gas seeps, wire or seaweed. Offline, using the WCD Editor utility (Processing Manager) allows the user to quickly check and even to alter digitized depth (with the changes being written directly to the QPD file).
QINSy is now able to decode and store more than one depth detection per beam. Such data can originate from the Teledyne-RESON SeaBat 7xxx / T20P MBES systems (with relevant Feature Pack firmware). Also supported is the Detected Pipe record, that is stored to the QPD as a pipe tracker system and then means the pipe detection / processing tools in QINSy can be used.
Ability to reduce the Computation Trigger rate. The Computation Trigger Rate is determined by the update rate of the triggering system. Until now, every update of the triggering system resulted in a QINSy computation cycle. Typically the triggering system is either a Positioning System (GNSS system) or a USBL system, and these update at a low rate. But often in the case of an inertial navigation system, the positioning data is combined with the attitude data in a single telegram at 50Hz update rate for example. In such a s case, the computation is triggered at an unnecessary high rate. By setting the maximum computation trigger rate to say 10hz, the computer CPU load is reduced without any negative effect on the data results.
Exporting data to Visualsoft is simplified. Using the Generic layout editor, the option is added to quickly generate a new layout in order to export raw profiler data to VisualSoft's file format. Select from the File pull-down menu option Generate Layout, Export, Visual Works... a dialog will appear where the user only has to select which profiler (or multibeam) system to use. Finally, click generate to automatically create two layouts, one called XP and one called RAWSURVEY.
User defined SVP file format. It is now possible to add a user defined format to the list of possible formats. In the dropdown menu select the bottom option for add or edit customized format. When selected an editor utility opens that allows the user to make the definition
3D Editor and QLOUD filters available in the Processing Manager!
- With a valid QLOUD license, now a 3D editor is available in the Processing Manager. First an area needs to be selected and then the editor can be started. The editor has keyboard shortcuts available so that editing can be done by using mouse and keyboard in combination. For further information there is a Howto document available in the Knowledge base and also the online help has a description of the new functionality.
- With a valid QLOUD license and also a active Navigation Surface, the filters a editing tools usually found only in QLOUD are now available in the Processing Manager and can be used to edit data directly. When data is edited using these tools, the updates are performed directly on the QPD files, and not as before where the QLOUD utility was using the QTM file created by importing QPD files
Catenary Phase 2 completed and new items include:
Apply environment data (sea currents) to anchor chain calculations.
- In the 3Ddisplay Show additional chain clearance values (for example from the chain to a pipeline or seabed asset).
Example catenary phase 2; from the rig in the centre of the image the lines heading out to the top left of the image, the green line is the direct connection between rig winch and tug, whilst purple is the calculated anchor chain taken ocean currents (environment) into account.
A Orcaflex model can also be used to compute the caternary of a pipeline or cable being laid. This is facilitated by selecting an Orcaflex model file which has been created using the specific engineering parameters applicable to the pipeline or cable being laid. Once selected, the model will be used to compute the catenary shape and any derived locations (touchdown point & flop forward point).
Qloud Release 2.30.2014.06.26.1
To accompany the QINSy release, there is also a release of Qloud. The download is available from the downloads pages, with accompanying Release Notes.