July 2013 - Esri International User Conference
QPS will be attending and exhibiting at the Esri International User Conference, July 8 –12, 2013, San Diego Convention Center. Please come visit us in the Environmental Showcase, in section B1/B2 of the Esri Showcase and GIS Solutions EXPO, Booth V1532.
As you may know, QPS has partnered with Esri to offer ArcGIS for Maritime as part of our FMBIS, an extension in ArcGIS that gives you the ability to manage and combine massive amounts of bathymetric data and metadata in a true GIS. We would like to invite you to come by our booth for a demonstration of our seamless workflow from acquisition to the cloud, made possible by the QPS – Esri partnership. For more information about ArcGIS for Maritime: Bathymetry, please visit the Esri website: http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/extensions/maritime/bathymetry
- Ocean and Maritime Special Interest Group (SIG) will be meeting from 12:00 – 1:00 PM in Room 29C.
- Duncan Mallace, Managing Director of MMT-NetSurvey (and associate of QPS), will be presenting during the OCEAN: Seafloor Mapping session, 3:15 – 4:30 PM in Room 29C. His presentation is titled Managing bathymetric data in a hydrographic survey company.
- Rhys Cooper of the British Geological Survey will also be presenting during the OCEAN: Seafloor Mapping session; his presentation is titled Seabed Mapping at the British Geological Survey: Acquisition to Interpretation, and will highlight how BGS is using the new Bathymetry Extension within ArcGIS.
- QPS will be sponsoring lunch for the hydrography SIG, Taking Hydrography Beyond the Horizons of Navigation, which will meet from 12:00 – 1:00 PM in Room 31B. The discussion will be led International Hydrographic Bureau President, Captain Robert Ward.
- Moe Doucet, Chief of Software Research for QPS, will be presenting in the Environmental Showcase Demo Theatre from 4:15 – 4:45 PM. His presentation is titled From Sea Surface to Seafloor: Multi-mode Ocean Mapping & ArcGIS.
- Ibrahim Al Obaidly of Bayanet will be presenting during the Electronic Navigational Charts session from 8:30 – 9:45 AM, in Room 29C. His presentation is titled Implementing a Modern Charting Solution for the UAE, and will discuss their experiences with Bayanet’s new enterprise charting system based on QPS and Esri technology.
- There will be a technical workshop titled Ocean Basemap – An Introduction from 8:30 AM – 9:45 AM in Room 09.
- There will be a technical workshop titled ArcGIS for Maritime: Creating, managing, and sharing maritime data from 10:15 – 11:30 AM in Room 32B.
If you are attending, please stop by and see us! If you are a QPS client and we missed your presentation or event, let us know – we will have a list on our booth and will be making posts on our social network pages prior to the conference.